Friday, August 7, 2009

The Quilt that Love Built

Lina and I have many people to thank for the love and support we've received throughout this whole baby experiment. Things have been made much easier by the advice and gifts of our friends and family. For starters, I think people knew of my minimalist philosophy (a person really only needs 1 change of clothes, max 2) and took pity on my poor baby girl, flooding us with bags of baby clothes. Before we knew it Hammie had a wardrobe the rivaled that of Paris Hilton, minus the heels and mini-skirts of course. Thanks to everyone that helped ensure our daughter is the best dressed kid around.
There were also many practical things that make our lives way easier (if someone is about to have a kid we have some recommendations) from the breastfeeding pillow and shirts to the baby carrier and carseat. Thanks for making mommy and daddy's lives way easier.

We also received what I refer to as "The Quilt that Love Built" (maybe that's a bit redundant as quilts are generally made with love). The women in my family (Grandmothers, Mom, Aunts, Cousins, Sisters,etc..) surreptitiously constructed little squares that were assembled into a quilt to help commemorate little Hammie's entrance into this world and keep her warm once she got here. When my mom presented us with the quilt Lina almost cried. The love that went into the quilt radiates from every square and we are eternally gratful for such a wonderful gift. It is so wonderful in fact that we are apprehensive to let Hammie use it since many of the squares are made with fabric that won't wash easily and pretty much anything that Hammie touches needs to be washed (some people say the same thing about me). So until Hammie learns to control her bowl movements and doesn't vomit up the majority her meals the quilt will hang near her bed.
Thank you sooooo much to all the wonderful women in my family for the heartwarming gift. I'd also like to thank my dad who also made a square, serving as the token male (meatball man rules!).


The Quilt that Love Built

Hammie samples the quilt. Seconds after this photo was taken she pooped.

Hammie, extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment