Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Friends, Family, and Hammie

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. I'm waiting on my new camera to arrive as my last was a loner from my sister (thanks again Heather). So until the new camera arrives I figured I'd post a few older shots of Hammie meeting various people.

When it comes to sharing Hammie with others Lina and I are quite relaxed. I've heard stories of mothers that holdup in their apartment for the first 12 months of a child's life for fear the baby might catch a cold. While I agree that it's a good idea to take exposure to sickness into account, it's not worth barricading yourself in your home and bathing every visitor in hand sanitizer. We do try to make a conscience effort to avoid sickness spreading places, like bus stations, and often inquire as to the health of our friends before dropping in for a visit. The avoidance of public transportation just makes me feel like I'm back in the States but it might be a good idea with swine flu and the like, it is the season to get sick after all. Regardless, we willingly throw Hammie at almost anyone that wants to hold, play with, or juggle her. People seem to enjoy her company and vice versa. Of course when a diaper needs changing or Hammie becomes whiny folks are more than happy to hand our little girl back to one of her parents.

Here are a few pics of various friends and family getting to know Hammie.



Cousin Boel entranced by Hammie's evil red eyes

John, Lina, and Hedda get acquainted with Hammie

Uncle Peter

Swedish Grandmother

American Grandmother

Hammie finds Martin's lap is a great place to take a nap

No comments:

Post a Comment